Order #: 3496968
Cable Extruder Associate
Essential Job Functions:
• Set up and operate extrusion production equipment following work instructions and machine standards to ensure that a quality product is
• Operate multiple auxiliary equipment such as an IR heater, laser micrometer and material dryers and perform multiple tasks in a short amount
• Performs and record all applicable quality checks on the product.
• Knowledge of polymer materials and associated characteristics.
• Maintain a clean and orderly work area including a complete clean up at end of shift.
• Clearly communicate the status of the work in process and any other factors that may affect work flow or product quality.
• Embody the core values of Safety, Integrity, Teamwork & Continuous Improvement
• Knowledge of breaker plates and screen packs
• Hopper and Dryers
• Screw zones: metering zone, compression zone and feed zone
• Speed control-variable drive motors
• Cleaning of breaker plate, screens, tips and dies
• Cross head assembly
• Dies and tips
• Payoffs and take-ups
• Pressure gauges & Amperage indicators, start and stop controls
• Diameter control
• Spark testers for cable fault detector
• Cooling troughs
• Air wipes
Essential Job Requirements:
• Solid employment history related to attendance, safety, quality and efficiency.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Basic mathematical skills
• Basic knowledge of calipers, micrometers, reading dial gauges, tape measures
• Basic knowledge of extrusion equipment and mechanical aptitude.
The ability to lift, push and pull at least 50 pounds, stand, kneel, reach and sit in a normal seated position for
extended periods of time
- Salary Offer $17.00/hour