Order #: 3495130
Day Shift: Monday – Thursday (may work OT on Weekends)
Hours: 8:00am – 6:30pm
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for making decisions on method shipping product based on the best interest of Visual Comfort and our customer
• Creates and prepares shipping documentation, including Bills of Ladings, shipping labels, and export paperwork (NAFTA Certification, AES filing)
• Routes outgoing shipments through various methods and schedules transportation of shipments (U.P.S., Fed-Ex, & L.T.L., via the internet)
• Interaction with Customer Service, to ensure that the customer’s request is filled
• Responsible for processing shipping orders in a high volume environment (2,000+pkgs./daily)
• Physically capable of strapping product to pallets
• Strive to meet daily, weekly, and monthly goals
• Efficiently coordinate outbound shipments
• Daily interaction with Customer Service and warehouse personnel
• Other duties as assigned
• Highly organized and able to multitasking
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good Microsoft PC skills, familiarity with WMS systems
• Good math, reading, and communication skills
• Some customer service background preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Frequently lifts up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds as a team lift.
Adjusts body positions, including bending, reaching, stooping, standing, walking, turning, pivoting, and standing for long periods of time.
The noise level is moderate to high.
Visual acuity requirements include close and distance vision, peripheral, and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is working in a non-climate controlled warehouse and will be exposed to temperature-related weather conditions.
This role will operate near mechanical equipment such as conveyer belts and powered industrial equipment such as forklifts and pallet riders
- Salary Offer $14.50/hour