Fortune 100 Home Improvement Retail
& Distribution Company.
LINK supports a high output Rapid Distribution Center that supports over 100+ retail centers and handles over $1 Billion dollars of merchandise annually. This RDC is also the flagship of this client’s operations, it is ground zero for any new shipping/flow models within their nationwide network. Client faced continued challenges with its flex labor force, and had used multiple staffing providers to supply that need.
Client faced several challenges with its flex force:
- KPI Metrics
LINK offered a multi-pronged solution, addressing multiple issues at once:
- Customized recruiting – We implemented LINK’s 9 Step Employee Selection System, focusing on hiring staff with experience in fast-pace, warehouse, distribution, or fulfillment centers.
- Customized Orientation/On-Boarding – LINK developed customized orientation and on-boarding process that included pre-assignment overview, site tour, and on-the-job training. LINK worked with the client to mirror their standard operating procedures then placed their own training and onboarding specialist to oversee all site-specific training, resulting in faster onboarding and less turnover.
- LINK Lead/Supervisor – LINK provided a Supervisor to manage and train all of our field staff, and the Supervisor acted as a liaison between client’s leaders and LINK field staff to ensure key performance indicators, compliance, safety, and communication are met on daily basis. The Supervisor also communicates daily with LINK Branch Managers, and client’s Operation Managers, Assistant General Manager, and General Manager. LINK Supervisor also addressed any and all performance, attendance, safety and training issues on site. This enabled LINK to proactively manage expectations while improving performance and retention.
- LINK assigned their Major Accounts Operations Manager, who met with the client’s Leadership team during peak seasons on weekly basis to address expectations, including performance, training, safety, and any other relevant topics related to on-site management.
- LINK offered a continued presence on all shifts three shifts to support the client and their growing demands. Third shift presented as the biggest challenge to the client. The third is a 3-day weekend shift that the client struggled to sustain internal staff. LINK continually exceeded expectations on the third shift with staffing requirements. LINK was able to achieve this through proper screening, completion bonuses, awards and recognitions.
- LINK has been able to provide exceptional leadership to improve on performance and expectations while keeping costs fixed. The right leadership on-site was key to success
The solution that LINK offered has lowered turnover, increased performance, lowered training cost, and has removed the burden of supervising temporary labor by their supervisors, thus allowing them to focus on their core activities while LINK has managed the performance expectations of its own field staff in par with client’s KPI metrics.
Through this process LINK has transformed the relationship from a vendor to a trusted partner. The client calls upon us to support them on different projects. The relationship will only continue to grow and our experience will make a stronger partner within the client’s distribution network.