A manufacturing company of concrete pipes and pre-cast culverts to a range of clients in Houston faced labor challenges, which created a backlog in production. This company had tried several different options in managing its continued labor shortages, however they all ended with the same results, the staffing companies were not able to provide a sustainable solution.
- I-9 /E-verify
- Language barriers
- Environment (loud, hot, wet, cold)
- Random Drug Screening
LINK’s solution to this companies need was different than what others had offered. The client was adamant in having a partner that placed safety above all. Our solution was to offer an On-Site Representative to manage their recruitment and safety concerns. LINK approached this by:
- Placing an On-Site supervisor whose responsibilities would include, recruiting and hiring, safety and pre-hire orientations, applicant facility tours, random drug screening, daily check-ins, weekly performance reviews with client, and FS expectations management.
- Due to the client’s work environment LINK had to diversify our recruiting portfolio and utilize many local community resources to find the talent that would be a fit for this environment.
- LINK focused on having a more realistic representation of the facility and work environment conditions so that potential applicants truly understood the work demands.
- LINK created a video recording of the facility and a custom orientation video just for the client.
- LINK’s Major Accounts Operations Manager met with the client’s Leadership Team during peak seasons on a weekly basis to address expectations including performance, training, safety, and any other relevant topics related to on-site management. LINK also performed Quarterly and Yearly business reviews of the account.
- LINK set forth a 45-day implementation plan and a 3-6-month full transition from the other provider to LINK.
LINK’s solution not only addressed the client’s concerns but exceeded them. When the solution was initially presented, the client was a bit apprehensive. They were just not sure if it would work. The client was convinced that there had to be a better way.
LINK’s approach was the most innovative solution they had received. The relationship has evolved into a true partnership, and the client has seen the benefits of having an on-demand staffing provider on site that can move with their needs. The flexibility to adjust the labor force for peak needs has been invaluable.